We offer excellent opportunities for professional and personal growth. Incelligent is a successful company through investing in the right people, like you!
About the job
As a Frontend Engineer at Incelligent your primary focus will be on developing user interface components using Typescript and React. These components are split between configuration and control for advanced functionalities of our platform and visualization of insights, outcomes and analytics.
What You Will Be Doing
You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust, performant and easy to maintain. This means clear distinction between:
- generalization – i.e., generation of reusable components/libraries across multiple projects and
- specialization – i.e., tailor-made implementations that provide custom functionalities to target users.
You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the stack. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
What we need
The ideal candidate should have a good understanding of best practices of web development and be able to apply them in with effectiveness. Specifically, he will require:
- Demonstratable experience with React using Typescript and JSX
- Ability to translate webpage designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Familiarity with consuming REST APIs (e.g., with react-axios)
- Experience with package managers and common front-end development tools such as NPM, NX, YARN, proxy.js Webpack, etc.
Having said that… the requirements above are just an indication of what we’re looking for – sometimes the perfect candidate is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. If you think that might be your case, please reach out and let us know!
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering and/or Information technology or equivalent professional experience
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience building high quality react-based applications
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Basic usage of Git Operations via CLI and IDE
- Basic Understanding of OS and networking principles (TCP, IP, processes, file system)
Will be considered a plus
- Familiarity with ECharts.js or other charting library for display and configuration of charts, filters, and widgets
- Experience with Mapbox-GL, turf.js , the geojson format or other map/geometry visualization libraries
- Strong proficiency in other complete FE frameworks (Vue.js, Angular.js, etc.)
- Experience with web-sockets or SSE for http downstream event handler
- Experience with full stack / MVC frameworks (Ruby on Rails, GWT, Symphony etc)
- Linux familiarity / Proficiency
- Familiarity with containerization, Docker and/or CI/CD frameworks
Candidate Character Traits
- Active accountability of task progress and deliverables via Jira, GitLab and other means depending on the project process
- Willingness to participate in teamwork activities, pair-programming, scrum ceremonials, mentoring
- Initiative, strong sense of accountability and ownership of actions
- Effective time management & understanding of prioritization
- Agility, enthusiasm, and self-motivation
- Excellent verbal and written communicational skills, both English and Greek